Blogs and Awards (click icon)
Keep Austin Dog Friendly is an educational and informational not for profit service. Your contribution offsets the costs of hosting, smart phone app development, promotional materials, and the costs of sponsoring events. Thank you so much in Keeping Austin Dog Friendly. Donations are not tax deductible.
Download the Keep Austin Dog Friendly iPhone/Ipad App!
Follow us on Twitter!
(click on icon to follow)
Email: Jennie at Roman Reign dot com.
Copyright ©2002-2014 Dr. Jennie Chen. All images, content, and articles are copyrighted. Copying and pasting is called stealing, even if you change the font. *
Please follow these guidelines with visiting dog parks. Twitter list
1. You and your dog will be safe from other dogs, people, or traffic.
2. That it is a leash free park.
3. Always keep a copy of current vaccinations on hand when going out.
4. Do not take puppies under 16 weeks as they are still susceptible to parvovirus.
5. Make sure you can still control your dog as not all dog parks are fenced.
6. Maintain control of your dog at all time. Be aware of dog body language and know how to keep your dog and other dogs safe.
7. If your dog is not friendly, you have two options. 1. Socialize and correct that behavior. or 2. Keep your dog at home.
8. Remember, that it only takes one person to screw it up for the rest of us. Now Pace Bend Park has a leash-law instead of allowing dogs to be off-leash. Thank you to the irresponsible person who made this to happen.
9. All other Austin Parks EXCEPT the Veloway are dog friendly - leashed.
1. Auditorium shores from South First to Bouldin Avenue: Undergoing reorganization and remapping.
2. The soccer field area of Zilker Park between Barton Springs Road, Stratford Drive and Lou Neff Drive *Wi-Fi*Read about the City of Austin Outdoor Mesh Wireless Project
3. Far West Boulevard right of way between Great Northern Boulevard and Shoal Creek Boulevard
5. Red Bud Isle (watch out for snakes in the water there)
6. Onion Creek District Park, located at the North end of the greenbelt
7. Davis White Northeast District Park 5909 Crystalbrook Dr. Austin, TX
8. Walnut Creek District Park between Cedar Bend Drive, Walnut Creek and the east and west park fences
9. Turkey Creek at Emma Long Metro Park between City Park Drive, the west park boundary fence, Turkey Creek and the top ridge of the bluff line overlooking Lake Austin
10.Shoal Creek Greenbelt between 24th and 29th streets – Pease Park
13. Mary Moore Searight Park 907 Slaughter Ln. 78748
16. Round Rock Dog Depot at Park Lane and Mays St. Round Rock, TX
17. Yett Creek Park 12520 Riata Vista Circle 78727 - details pending
18. Veteran's Memorial Park, Cedar Park - info is pending
19. The Bark Park 19417 Murchison Ridge Trail, Pflugerville. Corner of Murchison and Tranquility Lane in Falcon Pointe Subdivision
These are just a few dog-friendly hotels in Austin. This is not a comprehensive list.