Please follow these guidelines with visiting dog parks. Twitter list
Leash Free Parks – ALWAYS check out the park to make sure
- You and your dog will be safe from other dogs, people, or traffic.
- That it is a leash free park.
- Always keep a copy of current vaccinations on hand when going out.
- Do not take puppies under 16 weeks as they are still susceptible to parvovirus.
- Make sure you can still control your dog as not all dog parks are fenced.
- Maintain control of your dog at all time. Be aware of dog body language and know how to keep your dog and other dogs safe.
- If your dog is not friendly, you have two options. 1. Socialize and correct that behavior. or 2. Keep your dog at home.
- Remember, that it only takes one person to screw it up for the rest of us. Now Pace Bend Park has a leash-law instead of allowing dogs to be off-leash. Thank you to the irresponsible person who made this to happen.
- All other Austin Parks EXCEPT the Veloway are dog friendly – leashed.
- Auditorium shores from South First to Bouldin Avenue: Undergoing reorganization and remapping.
- The soccer field area of Zilker Park between Barton Springs Road, Stratford Drive and Lou Neff Drive “Wi-Fi” Read about the City of Austin Outdoor Mesh Wireless Project
- Far West Boulevard right of way between Great Northern Boulevard and Shoal Creek Boulevard
- Norwood Estateon the north end of Travis Heights at the northwest corner of Riverside Drive and IH-35. (Fenced in)
- Red Bud Isle(watch out for snakes in the water there)
- Onion Creek District Park, located at the North end of the greenbelt
- Davis White Northeast District Park 5909 Crystalbrook Dr. Austin, TX
- Walnut Creek District Parkbetween Cedar Bend Drive, Walnut Creek and the east and west park fences
- 10. Shoal Creek Greenbelt between 24th and 29th streets – Pease Park
- Georgetown Bark Park151 Holly Street Georgetown, TX
- West Austin Dog Park1317 W 10th St Austin, TX 78703 (281) 804-5942
- Mary Moore Searight Park907 Slaughter Ln. 78748
- Round Rock Dog Depotat Park Lane and Mays St. Round Rock, TX
- Yett Creek Park12520 Riata Vista Circle 78727 – details pending
- Veteran’s Memorial Park, Cedar Park – info is pending
- The Bark Park 19417 Murchison Ridge Trail, Pflugerville. Corner of Murchison and Tranquility Lane in Falcon Pointe Subdivision
These are just a few dog-friendly hotels in Austin. This is not a comprehensive list.
Four Seasons 98 San Jacinto Street Austin, TX (512) 478-4500
|Hotel San Jose 1312 South Congress Ave Austin, TX 78704 (512)444-7322|
|Hyatt 208 Barton Springs Road, Austin (512) 477-1234|
|Lakeway Spa and Resort 101 Lakeway Drive Austin, TX 78734 (512) 261-6600|
|Mansion at Judges’ Hill *Wi-Fi*1900 Rio Grande Austin, TX 800.311.1619 toll-free|
|Renaissance Austin Hotel 9721 Arboretum Boulevard Austin, TX USA 78759 800-468-3571|
|The W 200 Lavaca Street, Austin, TX 78701 (512) 542-3600|
|The Westin 11301 Domain Drive Austin, TX 78758 (512) 832-4197|