Email: Jennie@romanreign.com Phone: 512-981-7627
Download the iPhone/Ipad app!
Keep Austin Dog Friendly is an educational and informational not for profit service. Your contribution offsets the costs of hosting, smart phone app development, promotional materials, and the costs of sponsoring events. Thank you so much in Keeping Austin Dog Friendly. Donations are not tax deductible.
Copyright ©2002-2015 Dr. Jennie Chen. All images and articles are copyrighted. Unauthorized use is strictly Prohibited.
Welcome to the NEW Bryan/College Station Dog Friendly list modeled after the popular Austin Dog Friendly list. Please feel free to email me with suggestions, submissions, or updates. Send updates to Jennie@romanreign.com
Doggie Swim Day offered by City of College Station usually in early Fall. 979-764-3540
Dog Day Afternoon - mid to late Oct.
Vet School Open House - April
See Spot Run - Late April
Brazos Valley Kennel Club Dog Show - March/April
Aggieland Dog/Cat Show fundraiser - Mid- Feb - Last one I knew of was in 2004
Arthritis Walk - Nov. 3, 2007 at Veteran's Park and Athletic Complex - 10:00 am. www.arthritis.org.
Mouse at It's a Grind.
ALWAYS check out the park to make sure
1. You and your dog will be safe from other dogs, people, or traffic.
2. That it is or is not a leash free park.
3. Always keep a copy of current vaccinations on hand when going out.
4. Do not take puppies under 16 weeks as they are still susceptible to parvovirus.
5. Make sure you can still control your dog as not all dog parks are fenced.
6. Maintain control of your dog at all time. Be aware of dog body language and know how to keep your dog and other dogs safe.
7. If your dog is not friendly, you have two options. 1. Socialize and correct that behavior. or 2. Keep your dog at home.
8. Remember, that it only takes one person to screw it up for the rest of us.
List of College
Station Parks (on leash)
List of Bryan Parks (on leash)
Unofficial Dog Park - Research Park on the corner of University (60) and Harvey Mitchell Parkway (2818) - access on University or GB Drive. While this is a popular place for people to take their dogs to play, be aware that there are - aggressive dogs, shy dogs, and nasty diseases in the water.
Off-leash dog parks:
Steeplechase park - North side of Westridge Dr, in the Steeplechase Subdivision...fenced in area, usually nice doggies there! from harvey mitchell, go south on welsh and right on the first road past the church (west ridge dr.) ... it is at the end of the street
Lick Creek Park ( East Rock
Prairie Rd )
17200 Rock Prairie Rd College Station, TX– dogs are required to be
under voice contro
Remember that although the restaurant and stores may allow dogs, not all patrons are dog lovers. Make sure your friendly pet does not beg or steal food from others. Also, clean up any mess your pet might make. Call ahead to make sure that restaurant policies haven’t changed or just do what I do - look like you're ready to spend a small fortune. No one likes to upset paying customers.
America's Country Store 14675 Fm 2154 Rd College Station, TX 77845 (979) 690-3333
*Skydive Aggieland, Inc. *Wi-Fi* 6104 East Highway 21 Suite 21 Bryan, Texas 77808 979-778-JUMP 866-SWOOP-IN
While there maybe more, this is the cheapest way to go.