Welcome to the NEW Bryan/College Station Dog Friendly list modeled after the popular Austin Dog Friendly list. Please feel free to email me with suggestions, submissions, or updates. Updated daily. Jennie@romanreign.com
Canine Good Citizen Testing now Available.
Doggie Swim Day offered by City of College Station. Southwood Hallaran swimming pool on Rock Prairie Road opens to dogs and their owners on October 22nd, 2006. For more information you could call CS Aquatics at 979-764-3540
Dog Day Afternoon – mid to late Oct.
Vet School Open House – April
See Spot Run – Late April
Brazos Valley Kennel Club Dog Show – March/April
Aggieland Dog/Cat Show fundraiser – Mid- Feb – Last one I knew of was in 2004
Arthritis Walk – Nov. 3, 2007 at Veteran’s Park and Athletic Complex – 10:00 am. www.arthritis.org.
Mouse at It’s a Grind.
ALWAYS check out the park to make sure
- You and your dog will be safe from other dogs, people, or traffic.
- That it is or is not a leash free park.
- Always keep a copy of current vaccinations on hand when going out.
- Do not take puppies under 16 weeks as they are still susceptible to parvovirus.
- Make sure you can still control your dog as not all dog parks are fenced.
- Maintain control of your dog at all time. Be aware of dog body language and know how to keep your dog and other dogs safe.
- If your dog is not friendly, you have two options. 1. Socialize and correct that behavior. or 2. Keep your dog at home.
- Remember, that it only takes one person to screw it up for the rest of us.
List of College Station Parks (on leash)
List of Bryan Parks (on leash)
Unofficial Dog Park – Research Park on the corner of University (60) and Harvey Mitchell Parkway (2818) – access on University or GB Drive. While this is a popular place for people to take their dogs to play, be aware that there are – aggressive dogs, shy dogs, and nasty diseases in the water.
Off-leash dog parks:
Steeplechase park – North side of Westridge Dr, in the Steeplechase Subdivision…fenced in area, usually nice doggies there! from harvey mitchell, go south on welsh and right on the first road past the church (west ridge dr.) … it is at the end of the street
Lick Creek Park ( East Rock Prairie Rd ) 17200 Rock Prairie Rd College Station, TX– dogs are required to be under voice contro
Restaurants – Patio only
Remember that although the restaurant and stores may allow dogs, not all patrons are dog lovers. Make sure your friendly pet does not beg or steal food from others. Also, clean up any mess your pet might make. Call ahead to make sure that restaurant policies haven’t changed or just do what I do – look like you’re ready to spend a small fortune. No one likes to upset paying customers.
- Sonic – multiple locations – Mouse gets free fries here.
- Shakes’s on University – 701 University Drive E Suite 100 (979) 691-0301 – Free puppy scoops of ice cream
- Freebirds*Fav* – multiple locations
- Sweet Eugene’s *Fav**Wi-Fi* on Harvey – I think I’ve seen dogs there before
- La Bodega –102 Church Street College Station, TX – (979) 691-8226- Dogs allowed on Patio from 2 -6pm M-F
- The New University Drive Plaza *Fav* It’s a Grind Coffee House and Ben & Jerry’s – 830 University Drive East. The staff at It’s a Grind always gives Mouse free cookies.
- Maggie Moo’s – 3505 Longmire Dr College Station, TX 77845 (979) 694-1100
- Coffee Station – 907 Harvey Road, College Station, TX 979-694-2844
- Rosa’s pending approval 710 University Dr E, College Station, TX – (979) 691-8501
Stores and other Locations
*Skydive Aggieland, Inc. *Wi-Fi* 6104 East Highway 21 Suite 21 Bryan, Texas 77808 979-778-JUMP 866-SWOOP-IN
Motel 6 – College Station – Bryan -2327 Texas Avenue South
While there maybe more, this is the cheapest way to go.
*Copyright ©2002-2008 Jennie Chen, M. S. All images, content, and articles are copyrighted. Unauthorized use is strictly Prohibited. That means don’t copy and paste my text without permission. Currently, no one else is authorized to reprint or post information on my site*