“A well-built dog can do anything.” – Pat Hastings – Because we believe that any physically sound dog should be able to enjoy dog sports.
and for those who compete with small dogs (or even big ones) –
“A well-conditioned and well-built performance dog makes the best toy!” See Mouse IS a toy after all!
- Drafting – Harnessing and Hitching
- Canine Draft Work Blog – online guide
- Tackling Hills
- Water Rescue
- Weight Pull
- Obedience & Conformation
- Cart Rides
- Weight Pull Crash Course – How to get started
- New: Working Dog Handout – drafting and weight pull
- Dick’s Page – We love our mentor. We still miss him.
- Some of our Mantras – stuff we live by.
- Animal Assisted Therapy with Austin Dog Alliance
- Building Blocks for Performance by Bobbie Anderson with Tracy Libby – this is a must have for all dog owners
- Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson
- Don’t Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor – I use this book in my Intro to Psychology Class
- Structure in Action by Pat Hastings and Wendy E. Wallace and Erin Ann Rouse – a must have for the performance handler
- Tricks of the Trade by Pat Hastings – how to select a sound puppy
- Developing Jumping Skills for Awesome Agility Dogs by Linda Mecklenburg
- Cesar’s Way by Cesar Milan
- Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas
- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell
- Water Work, Water Play by Judi Adler – water rescue
- Competitive Training for the Small Dog by Barbara Cecil and Gerianne Darnell – competitive obedience
We will have a list of upcoming activities currently available at Texas Working Dog yahoo group. Loaner harnesses and equipment now available. We have also given rides at picnics, celebrations, dog shows, carnivals, and parties. Book us to give rides at your next event! Email for more info. If you don’t get a reply within 24 hours, then your email got lost in cyberspace. Don’t hesitate to call or email. :o)
Around the tree! HANC 2006 pics taken by Ashley.
Biel (Capelli), Mouse, and Eiger (Capelli) taking a break from hiking at Pace Bend
Mouse and his bumper
Mouse giving some goats a run for their money
Look at those ears go!