Roman Reign Articles
Some of our Mantras – stuff we live by.
Dick’s Page – We love our mentor. We still miss him.
So you think you want a dog? – because getting a dog is a big deal.
Austin Dog Friendly – Hotels, Events, Restaurants, Parks, and Retail
Bryan/College Station Dog Friendly – Stuff to do in B/CS
Crash Course Weight Pull – learn the basics, fast!
OFA vs. PennHip – Hip Dysplasia Information
Raw or Barf Diet – with recipes for ear cleaner, satin balls, veggie mix, and grow hair on a door knob
The Hybrid Vigor Myth – Don’t be duped by the designer dog marketing scam.
How to find a good dog trainer – everyone needs a trainer
Equipment and Training
WorkingK9, previously Alaskan Dream – Weight pull harnesses
Shertom Kennel – Herding Ranch in Central Texas
Learn about Buddy and Dick Shumer, our trainer – we’d be hopeless without him.
Agile Pooches Pack Review – Guide to buying a pack
Krafty K9, Houston, TX – this is where we go
Michael Starn – Old Dominion Buggy Works – absolutely stunning carts 540-439-8091
- Building Blocks for Performance by Bobbie Anderson with Tracy Libby – this is a must have for all dog owners
- Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson
- Don’t Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor – I use this book in my Intro to Psychology Class
- Structure in Action by Pat Hastings and Wendy E. Wallace and Erin Ann Rouse – a must have for the performance handler
- Tricks of the Trade by Pat Hastings – how to select a sound puppy
- Developing Jumping Skills for Awesome Agility Dogs by Linda Mecklenburg
- Cesar’s Way by Cesar Milan
- Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas
- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell
- Water Work, Water Play by Judi Adler – water rescue
- Competitive Training for the Small Dog by Barbara Cecil and Gerianne Darnell – competitive obedience
- Super Puppy!
Breeding and Breeders – in no particular order
Seneca Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs – Vesta’s breeder
www.offa.org – we care about our health
New* So you think you want a dog? – because getting a dog is a big deal.
Clubs and Working Groups
Texas Working Dog Association – yahoo group
International Weight Pull Association – all breed weight pull
BVKC – Brazos Valley Kennel Club
SNIP – Spay and Neuter Incentive Program
Info sites, Rescues, and Fun stuff
Woodhaven Labs – excellent source for all those dog questions.
http://lowchensaustralia.com/ – this site has information on almost everything. 4 stars!
The City Theatre in Austin, TX
The REPTILE HOSPICE and SANCTUARY of TEXAS – I love snakes and turtles too.
What type of payments do you accept?
Roman Reign accepts checks, money orders, and PayPal (with 3% fee) for working equipment. Checks MUST be made out to Jennie Chen. Email to place your order. All proceeds from working equipment go to support local working dog events.
Why is there no automatic checkout option?
Orders will not be processed until we have received your specifications. Though we have standard sizes on our equipment, we’d still prefer to have contact with customers prior to construction.
Why are there different prices for different options?
All carts of made to your specs. Materials, painting, and labor will differ greatly. Also, you may order plain carts and decorate yourself. If you want to order, please contact us, and we can give you a quote.
Carts and Harnesses are not returnable as they are custom made to your specs. Please allow 4-5 weeks for production for carts, harnesses, and draft course. Roman Reign is always available to assist you if you have questions about the equipment or training. Production can be as quick as same day, however, this is subject to availability.
How do I contact Roman Reign?
Email – Jennie@romanreign.com If you don’t get a reply within 24 hours, then your email got lost in cyberspace. Don’t hesitate to call or email. :o) Do NOT contact me asking for a puppy without doing your research thoroughly first. Start with this page and this page.
Cell – 512-981-SNAP (7627)
- Carts, Wagons,Shafts, and Accessories
- Draft Course
- Weight Pull Equipment Rental
- Obedience Equipment
- IWPA Hosting
- Working Dog Tee Shirts
- Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Sticker Decals
Photo Gallery 2 – Pictures from June 08- Present
- Roman Reign in the Media
- How to find a good dog trainer.
- Correct Harnessing and Hitching
- Tackling Hills
- Some of our Mantras
- So you think you want a dog? – Getting a dog is a big deal.
- Working Dog Handout – drafting and weight pull – PDF
- The Consequences of Not Socializing your Dog –
- Socialization –
- Austin Dog Friendly – Hotels, Events, Restaurants, Parks, and Retail
- Bryan/College Station Dog Friendly – Stuff to do in B/CS
- Crash Course Weight Pull – learn the basics, fast!
- Simple Genetics – It is pretty complicated. Here’s the basics.
- Nature and Nurture
- OFA vs. PennHip – s
- Meet Maggie, the 20 year old Beagle
- Raw Diet – with recipes for ear cleaner, satin balls, veggie mix, and grow hair on a door knob
- Training Blurbs
- The Hybrid Vigor Myth – Don’t be duped by the designer dog marketing scam.
- Grooming Tips
- Raw Diet and Other Recipes
- Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Decal and Working Dog Shirts
- How to Treat Hot Spots
- How NOT to Socialize
- How to Research Dog Show Judges
- Danger of Fake Service Dogs
- How to Transport a Puppy
- How to Make a Bloat Kit
- How to Make a Wicket (for measuring dogs)
- Compounding Supplements and Medications at Home
- Is my Swissy overweight?
- How Restaurants can Impress Patrons with Service Dogs